What is Recovery Coaching?
Recovery Coaching is a peer-based service that is developed and provided by persons who are in recovery themselves. As a result, recovery coaches are knowledgeable on how to attain and sustain recovery.
The Recovery Coach helps the person access recovery, as well as access systems needed to support recovery such as benefits, health care, etc.
Recovery Coaches also:
· Develop the recovery wellness plan
· Help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use or addiction
· Promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
· Serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking, or already in recovery
· Help the participant find resources for harm reduction, detox, treatment, family support and education, local or online support groups
· Help the participant create a wellness plan to recover on their own
· Help individuals find ways to stop using (abstinence), or reduce harm associated with addictive behaviors.