FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Teen Health-Drugs: What You Should Know – These days, drugs can be found everywhere, and it may seem like everyone’s doing them. Lots of people are tempted by the excitement or escape that drugs seem to offer. But learning the facts about drugs can help you see the risks of chasing this excitement or escape. Here’s what you need to know.
- Check Yourself – A place for teens to check out where they are with drugs and alcohol
- It’s My Life-Drug Abuse: Getting It Straight – You see it in movies, TV, music, and video games. You hear about it from friends, family, and teachers. Maybe you’ve experienced it first-hand in some way. When it comes to this subject, there’s a lot of information coming at us from many different directions, and it can be hard to figure out what’s true and what isn’t.
- Drug Facts – If you think drugs won’t affect your health, think again. Get the facts about the most commonly abused drugs. Learn what they are and how using drugs, even just once, can affect your body and your mind.
- Project Know: Understanding Addiction – By understanding addiction, teens can arm themselves with the information that they need to make better choices.
- Above The Influence – It’s a state of mind. It’s about being yourself and not letting negative influence get to you. Pressure to drink, do drugs or do anything that goes against who you are in order to fit in-that’s negative influence.
- CollegeGambling.org – While gambling can be fun if you’re of legal age, it’s not a risk-free activity.
- Youth Tobacco Prevention – Learn more about the dangers of tobacco.
- Key Facts About Tobacco Use Among Children and Teenagers – Cigarette smoking during childhood and adolescence produces significant health problems among young people that can follow them into adulthood. Key facts that every teen should know.
- Drug Facts: Tobacco – Get the facts about nicotine and addiction from NIDA for Teens
|FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
How to Protect Your Kids
Council on Addiction Recovery Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 567 • 201 S. Union St. • Olean, NY 14760
Phone 716 / 373-4303 • Fax 716 / 373-4327 • TDD 711