Affiliations and Links
Here are some helpful resources for alcohol and drug information. We also have a resource room in our Olean office on a vast array of subjects that is free and available by appointment. If you need information that is ot available through any of the following links or need more information, call 716-373-4303.
- National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month
- Friends of Recovery – New York!
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- Healthy Cattaraugus County
- HelpGuide.org: Drug and Substance Abuse Treatment
- Addiction Recovery Support
The Council is a member of the following organizations:
- Association of Substance Abuse Providers of NYS
- Councils on Addiction New York State (CANYS)
- New York Council on Problem Gambling
- Alliance for Pride, Progress, Equality, Authenticity and Liberation (Cattaraugus County Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and Questioning Coalition)
- Cattaraugus County Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Cattaraugus County Housing Consortium
- Cattaraugus County Integrated County Planning Consortium
- Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce
- Homelessness Task Force
- Juvenile Focus Group
- Olean Area Industrial Management Committee
- Single Point of Access for Adults and Single Point of Access for Children
- Western NY Chemical Dependency Consortiums
- Western New York Prevention Resource Center
- Youth Development Coalition of Cattaraugus County
FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Teen Health-Drugs: What You Should Know – These days, drugs can be found everywhere, and it may seem like everyone’s doing them. Lots of people are tempted by the excitement or escape that drugs seem to offer. But learning the facts about drugs can help you see the risks of chasing this excitement or escape. Here’s what you need to know.
- Drug Facts – If you think drugs won’t affect your health, think again. Get the facts about the most commonly abused drugs. Learn what they are and how using drugs, even just once, can affect your body and your mind.
- Project Know: Understanding Addiction – By understanding addiction, teens can arm themselves with the information that they need to make better choices.
- Above The Influence – It’s a state of mind. It’s about being yourself and not letting negative influence get to you. Pressure to drink, do drugs or do anything that goes against who you are in order to fit in-that’s negative influence.
- CollegeGambling.org – While gambling can be fun if you’re of legal age, it’s not a risk-free activity.
FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
How to Protect Your Kids
- Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse – Parents play an important role in prevention. Positive parenting helps prevent drug abuse in teens
- Smoking Facts & Tobacco Statistics– Shocking smoking facts that adults should know.